- IGeLU har ett nära samarbete med nationella och regionala användargrupper i syfte att utbyta kunskap, kompetens och erfarenheter. Möten mellan företrädare för de olika nationella användargrupperna, IGeLU:s styrelse, PWG-samordnare, representanter från ELUNAs styrelse och Ex Libris ledning äger rum varje år vid den årliga konferensen IGeLU. Dessa möten kallas INUG.
- ELUGswes styrelse skickar varje år in en rapport inför INUG-mötena där föreningens aktiviteter under det senaste året beskrivs och där särskilda frågor och farhågor kan lyftas fram.
- Äldre rapporter finns hos IGELU National & Regional User Groups.
from ELUGswe, the Swedish Ex Libris user group,
for the 2017 INUG meeting in St. Petersburg
The Swedish Aleph User Group (Alephswe) was established in 1999 and was expanded in to a user group for all Ex Libris products in Sweden in 2011 (ELUGswe).
The main tasks of ELUGswe are:
- To provide a forum for the exchange of practical experiences and information about local developments of common interest.
- To coordinate the activities of Swedish libraries using Ex Libris products and maintain a list of development requests.
- To provide a common point of contact for Ex Libris.
- To keep in touch with IGeLU and other user groups.
Charlotte Wänelöf, Library of the Swedish Parliament, chair
Mattias Ödevidh, National Library of Sweden, treasurer
Eva Törnblom, Jönköping University Library, secretary
Lars Iselid, Umeå University Library, vice chair
Since 2015 ELUGswe have only one meeting a year, the annual association meeting which is held in spring. If needed, an additional web meeting is held sometime during the autumn.
You can reach ELUGswe at our website: http://elugswe.blogg.kb.se/author/elugswe/
We also have a discussion list (e-mail).
- The annual association meeting held 3-4 th of April 2017 at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Uppsala.
- An additional web meeting to be held in the autumn of 2017.
- A webinar about the New User Interface of Primo to be held in autumn 2017.
- A web session with Ex Libris about support to be held in autumn 2017.
Annual meeting 3-4 th of April 2017
At the annual meeting there were presentations made by both Ex Libris and customers, as well as discussions about different topics.
A selection from the agenda:
- Information from Ex Libris, Kristian Wallin, Sales Director North Europe
- Alma Analytics, Andrew Christison, Senior Librarian and Solution Expert
- Leganto, Andrew Christison, Senior Librarian and Solution Expert
- Q/A with the Ex Libris Staff
- Web-Scale Discovery and user behaviour, Lars Iselid, Umeå University
On 28th of September 2016 an additional web meeting was held. The subject of the meeting was report/feedback from INUG and IGeLU. At the meeting we also talked about NERS and Ideas Exchange and Daniel Forsman talked about Summon/360 Product Working Group (PWG).
During 2016/17 a special usergroup for ALMA- customers was formed under ELUGswe. It is an informal group who will focus on concrete ALMA issues. They will have a meeting once a year in connection with the ELUGswe meetings.
Concerns that we want to address…
Improvements for the process of handling suggestions for new resources in knowledge bases
Problem: When libraries make a suggestion for additions to Ex Libris knowledge bases, there is a need to be able to follow the process. This works well with changes and additions to existing packages. Making suggestions for new resources, however, requires a more open process.
Example: There is a widely used database for Swedish and Norwegian magazines and newspapers called Mediearkivet. It is an important resource that fills a language and content gap in knowledge bases. Swedish libraries have asked for the contents of this database to be added to knowledge bases produced by Ex Libris and EBSCO. Unfortunately, discussions between the database producer and Ex Libris have led nowhere, while at the same time, EBSCO has responded quickly making Mediearkivet an important part of marketing EBSCO products in Sweden. Libraries have repeatedly been in contact with Ex Libris and the database producer to try to be of help in this process. Discussions with Ex Libris have resulted in unclear information regarding the steps needed to advance the process.
Suggestion: It would be of great help if there was an open process with clear information regarding the procedure and the advancement of suggestions for the addition of new resources to Ex Libris knowledge bases. Resources of great importance to libraries in specific regions or countries need to be handled without a voting system.
Best wishes for the St Petersburg meeting!
On behalf of the ELUGswe user group
Charlotte Wänelöf, Chair
There are 28 member libraries in ELUGswe. That is an increase of 2 libraries the last year. The increase is due to the merger of Ex Libris and ProQuest.
Anna Lindh Library
Borås University Library
Dalarna University Library
Gothenburg University Library
Jönköping University Library
Karolinska Institutet University Library
Kristianstad University Library
Library of the Government Offices of Sweden
Library of the Royal Academy of Letters, History and Antiquities
Library of the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH Library)
Library of the Swedish Defence Materiel Administration (FMV)
Library of the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency
Library of the Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute (VTI)
Library of the Swedish Parliament
Malmö University Library
Mid Sweden University Library
Mälardalens University Library
National Library of Sweden
Nordic Africa Institute Library
Stockholm University Library
Swedish Agricultural University Library
Swedish Film Institute Library
Swedish Institute of Children´s Books
Södertörn University Library
Umeå University Library
Uppsala University Library
Örebro University Library